Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Changing State a la Tim Ferriss and Tony Robbins

So, are you familiar with Tony Robbins teaching about "Changing State"?

Well, in a nut shell, Tony studied many different methods we mere humans can utilize to
quickly and easily "change our state". His reasoning is that when we are stuck in a mental funk, the easiest thing to do is to change our physical state and that state change will result in an improvement in our mental and emotional state.

So, one of the habits that Tony Robbins and Tim Ferriss have in common is the method  of
"cold plunges" into freezing cold water. It is said that this will reset us internally and result in a more energetic and positive mind set. ( Disclaimer: This is not intended as medical advice, and should not be perceived as any kind of suggestion. Please consult your licensed medical practitioner.)

Well, I've never tried a cold plunge, other than jumping into a cold Ontario lake in early summer.....or perhaps an unheated pool. But recently I did go for a walk in probably minus 10 degrees weather. The wind was so cold, I could feel my cheeks turning bright pink and the wind whipped the cold air into an even stronger burst of icy air current.

But once I got over the shock of it all, I did find that I actually felt terrific after my subzero walk.
Hmmm, maybe I'll do this again.

You see, Ontario winters can be long and dreary and  it can be easy to slip into a mid-winter funk, simply because if you aren't into any winter sports, it's easy to spend virtually all of your time indoors and without fresh air and sunshine.

So, my brief 20 minutes walking out into the subzero cold Ontario winter, DID do something cool for me mentally and emotionally. It took a while to kick in, but it almost felt like a burst of adrenaline...similar to a "runner's high.".

Well, that's it. Have you tried anything lately to boost your mood and/or energy in the wintertime?

Looking forward to reading your comments below.

Peace,
Carla.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here!