Sunday, March 24, 2024

When you Hear an Honest and Refreshing Perspective


99.999 percent of us are getting our sources of info from media of all sorts and formats.
When I sense that a certain writer or blogger or youtuber is truthful, I pay attention. I tend to bookmark those content creators and I often try to give a shoutout to some of them when I get the chance. 

I want to promote people who are interested in spin, or appeasing some kind of sponsor.

So, today I just wanted to mention a very very tiny thing I noticed about Mr Robin Greenfield.
He is a counter culture type of person who tries to live and exemplify a lifestyle with what he calls the ¨trappings¨ and lifestyle of modern man.

THis one thing I noticed that I have NEVER heard anyone talk about, is that in all the loud endorsements that folks have for recycling household tins and plastics, NO one has yet talked about the cost of cleaning this items to prepare for the recycling bin.
No one mentioned this UNTIL I heard Robin Greenfield speak about this.
He mentioned in one of his youtube videos that he was consciously thinking about how much water is used and/wasted during the process of washing out a food can before being able to toss it into a local blue or green recycling bin. WHO else do you know thinks like that???

Most of us think little about the cost of tap water, let alone how much tap water is used just to wash out a tin can or glass jar before placing it into our own recycling bins that collect the goods before we set them at the curb for city wide recyclable collection.

What do you think about that issue? Do you think it isn´t wasteful to use tap water to wash or rinse out all recyclable items before you place them in your recycle bin? Do you think that water is well used? Do you mind paying for that tap water that you use to wash out your recyclables?

Do tell. And by the way, if you have heard of anyone else who has mentioned this issue before? I would be curious to hear anyone else´s perspective on this cost of tap water that is a hidden cost of recycling which falls onto the shoulders of the homeowner.

Also if you are interested in learning a little more about Rob Greenfield´s way of looking out at the world.....here is his youtube moniker https://www.youtube.com/@Robin.Greenfield

Peacefully yours,
Carla


1 comment:

  1. By the way, I am not against fossil fuels and that is not in agreement with Robin Greenfield´s perspective. But as I have said many times over the years, that when I talk about someone else, or their work or simply if I am a fan, it doesn´t mean I agree with 100% of their thoughts and persuasions. It´s ok to disagree with folks and still be an admirer of one of two of their opinions. Peace, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome here!