Friday, December 8, 2023

Why Do Meditation Gurus Tell Us to Empty our Minds?

Oh Lord, I do feel a rant coming on. 

Why do those who teach meditation try to get their followers to empty their minds.....and then call it mindfulness?

If my observations of the folks of my modern world are any indication .....we need more FULL minds.....not empty ones.

I suppose the argument then is about WHAT to fill one´s mind with. Yes, I can understand how one would desire to empty out the annoying and unimportant stuff floating about one´s mind....But hey....our human minds are not garbage cans....we can´t just take them to the curb and empty out that brain can.

If I have any accurate understanding of the human brain ....it would be this: If you don´t like what´s floating in your brain....you need to input more of the good solid stuff....stuff that is filled with truth and light and love.

And if you are saying ¨Öh my,,,,, now she is going to evangelize¨......then you might be partially correct.

It is no secret that I am fan of the old King James Version of the Bible. I like it in the audio  version and play it often. I have discovered that the chaos of modern society bows down to the gentle and concrete wisdom of this ancient book. But hey, truth be told, the bible is more than just an old book. It is alive.
It is the book that you never really finish reading. That used to be make me mad....because I would try over and over and over to ¨finish¨ reading the bible.....and discovered much to my dismay that every time I read the book, I found more depth....more territory to explore and more beauty and kindness and wisdom than I had ever thought possible. 

The bible is literally an unending book, written by the Spirit of the Unending Father....who keeps us and entrusts us with this miracle book. It is a book of fire....that fire consumes that which gets in it´s way.
No need to empty one´s mind first before reading the bible aloud or listening to it in audio form or listening to someone else read it to you. This book is most gentle and yet most powerful....a mysterious contradiction. 

Friends, before I chat on too long, I just want to say this....please be careful of those who try to get you to empty your mind. Your mind was not intended to be empty, but to be full of the words of your heavenly Father. The good will push out the wasted thoughts and useless obsessions. You are a created being. Commune with your Father, the Creator. 

Peace,
Carla







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome here!