Curious about how? Well, you must permit me to blurt out some of the unusual things that have helped me. They may not work for you......but perhaps the reading will entertain you none the less.....so here goes:
What helped me lose 4% of my body weight are the following activities:
- Attending church services
- Attending prayer meetings
- Consistent caffeine intake via coffee or teas....without sugar added.
- Probiotic yoghurt packed in 100 calorie plastic pods such as ACTIVIA.
- daily weigh- ins on a digital scale
- Writing down the daily weigh ins.
- Goal setting and rehearsing those goals aloud as often as possible. ( note that these goals cover many facets of my life.....not just weight.)
- Making sure I had some good protein regularly....such as fish, nuts, or yogurt or small amounts of cheese.
- Scripture reading aloud almost every day.... from one chapter of Proverbs and one chapter of the New testament bible books.
- Positive attitude.....toward myself and and others and life in general as much as possible.
- Occasional Container Eating....which means that I would segregate all my "appointed" foods for the day into one box or container in the fridge so that I could count and control the calories.
- Counting calories...... I used to think that calorie counting would never work for me....but lo and behold, I am learning a lot and now know some of the calorie estimates for many of my fave foods.
- Occasional eating of one raw garlic clove...with lots of water to drown out the taste.
- Occasional taking of Vitamin B complex supplements.
- Eating simple common and modestly priced foods such as : boiled corn on the cob, bananas, boiled eggs, sardines in a can, canned tuna, canned mussels or oysters in oil, vanilla soy milk, skim milk, maple syrup.
- Simple activities like occasionally pumping 5lb weight with one arm....while counting up to 20.
- Simple activities like biking or walking